Sun, May 12, 2024
Flower Fun Run - RCAF Centennial
About the Event
An Official Canadian Tulip Festival Event:
Whether you're local or coming from afar, the Tulip Festival is an event you have to experience. It's Canada's longest-running and largest-attended event and includes over 300,000 tulips! This will be one of the most scenic runs around.
This year's event is in honour of RCAF (the Royal Canadian Air Force), which is celebrating 100 years of service in 2024! This event is only a small part of the year-long programming that they'll have to mark the centennial milestone. You'll see the RCAF team proudly honouring their history and heritage at a number of events like the RCAF Run, RCAF Gala, Legends of the Sky, and the RCAF Gaming Tournament.
At this event, you'll see RCAF members volunteering on the course, helping at the sign-making station, and making it a race to remember!
This event will sell out early, so sign up before it's too late. The event is limited to 600 participants.
- The view of the tulips! The colours and scenery have to be seen first-hand.
- The closed run course.
- The easily navigatable route. Making it a perfect event for the newer runner who wants to try their first running event.
Included in your registration is:
- Bragging rights!
- A personalized race bib.
- Professional timing from Sportstats.
- On-course nutrition from F2C.
- Race Photography, sponsored by The Canadian Tulip Festival.
- Podium Prizes for the top 3 male, female, and non-binary athletes in the 5K, from Crank Coffee Co.
- Post-Race non-alcoholic beer from Libra.
- Post-Race snacks.
- Memories that you won't soon forget.
- Shirt Deadline - April 1st. If you're interested in ordering an event shirt for this race, be sure to register and add a shirt to your order before the Shirt Deadline. After that date, we won't be able to add shirts to our order.
- Medal Deadline - April 12th. We lowered the prices of our race, and make the finisher's medal an optional add-on. If you want to commemorate this achievement with a finisher's medal, make sure to register before April 12th and add the medal to your order. After this date, medals will be available to order subject to availability.
- Online Registration Deadline - May 7th at 6 pm. In person registration is subject to availability. Follow us on social media to see how many spots we have left for the event.
Bib Pick Up:
- Saturday, May 11th from 3pm to 6pm. At Sports4. 769 Bank St, Ottawa, ON K1S 3V3
- Sunday, May 12th, starting at 11:30am. At the Tulip Festival, near the corner of Preston and Queen Elizabeth Drive
Already signed up? Click here for the pre-race newsletter. It has all the last-minute info that you'll need to get the most out of the event.
When & Where
Date & Time
Sun, May 12, 2024
1001 Queen Elizabeth Driveway
Charity of the Event - The Canadian Tulip Legacy
Our volunteer and event-based staff are associated with a local charity. Please consider making a donation to them, as a thank you for making this race possible. The Canadian Tulip Legacy was established to celebrate the historic Royal gift of tulips from the Dutch to Canadians immediately following the Second World War as a symbol of international friendship. The Festival preserves the memorable role of the Canadian troops in the liberation of the Netherlands and Europe, as well as commemorates the birth of Dutch Princess Margriet in Ottawa during World War II—the only royal personage ever born in Canada. The Canadian Tulip Legacy produces the Canadian Tulip Festival each Spring and has been celebrating the tulip, an international symbol of friendship and peace, since 1953.
Take a look at our spectator guide so that you can get the most out of this event while cheering on your loved ones!
Take a look at our Course Map for the event. We hope that you enjoy the beautiful scenery on your run or walk.
Where & When
Sun, May 12, 2024
1001 Queen Elizabeth Driveway, Ottawa, ON K1S 5K7, Canada
Refunds can only be issued if you purchase cancellation insurance. Purchasing the insurance allows you to ask for a refund anytime before the start of the race, for any reason. No questions asked!