Sun, Feb 18, 2024
Embrace Winter Run - Supporting Imerman Angels
About the Event
An Official Winterlude Event:
This winter running event has something for everyone: Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K, 5K, and 3K, and Kids 1K.
Embrace Winter is an official event of Ottawa’s biggest and best winter festival - Winterlude. This scenic run takes you through true Canadian winter landscapes and is a great motivator to stay active this winter.
- Celebrating Canadian winters!
- The added challenge of running in the winter.
- A closed, paved road for the run course, making it as safe as possible to Embrace Winter.
Included in your registration is:
- Bragging rights!
- A personalized race bib.
- Professional timing from Sportstats.
- A certified course and Boston Marathon Qualifier.
- On-course nutrition from F2C.
- Race Photography, sponsored by John Gomes Real Estate.
- Post-Race snacks.
- Post-Race hot chocolate and chicken broth.
- Post-Race non-alcoholic beer from Libra.
- Pre and Post-Race massages from triOS College.
- Podium Prizes for the top 3 male, female, and non-binary athletes, from TWIGZ.
- Discounted Post-Race brunch at Mill St Brewpub. Save 20% on your post-run brunch (excludes alcohol), only a 650M walk from our event ($).
- Memories that you won't soon forget.
- Shirt Deadline - January 8th. If you're interested in ordering an event shirt for this race, be sure to register and add a shirt to your order before the Shirt Deadline. After that date, we won't be able to add shirts to our order.
- Medal Deadline - January 18th. We keep our prices low and make the finisher's medal an optional add-on. If you want to commemorate this achievement with a finisher's medal, make sure to register before January 18th and add the medal to your order. After this date, medals will be available to order subject to availability.
- Online Registration Deadline - February 13th at 6pm. If you don't sign up by then, you can still sign up in person on race day, or at bib pick-up, subject to availability. Some of our races sell out, so make sure to sign up early!
Bib Pick Up:
- Saturday, February 17th from 1 pm to 4 pm. Pickup will be at Sports4, College Square. They're located at 1371 Woodroffe Ave, Nepean, ON K2G 1V7.
- Sunday, February 18th, starting at 7:15 am. Pickup will be inside the War Museum, 1 Vimy Pl, Ottawa, ON K1A 0M8.
- Special Offer! If you pick up your bib at Sports4 on February 17th, you'll get a 15$ discount on your Sports4 purchase if you donate a pair of gently used shoes. The shoes will be given to Footwear4Kids.
Already signed up? Click here for the pre-race newsletter. It has all the last-minute info that you'll need to get the most out of the event.
When & Where
Date & Time
Sun, Feb 18, 2024
1 Vimy Pl, Ottawa, ON. Canada.
Charity of the Event - Imerman Angels
Imerman Angels envisions a world where cancer is not a solitary experience. Their mission is to provide comfort and understanding for all cancer fighters, survivors, previvors, and caregivers through a personalized, one-on-one connection with someone who has been there.
Our 2024 Course Map features nice views of the Ottawa River, Downtown Ottawa, and the Canadian War Museum.
Coming to watch the event? This doc is for you! It gives you all the helpful tips to get the most out of the Embrace Winter Run.
Where & When
Sun, Feb 18, 2024
1 Vimy Pl, Ottawa, ON K1A 0M8, Canada
Refunds can only be issued if you purchase cancellation insurance. Purchasing the insurance allows you to ask for a refund anytime before the start of the race, for any reason. No questions asked!