Sat, Jul 13, 2024
Meech Lake Triathlon
About the Event
The Mike Collingwood Memorial Triathlon.
In July of 1983, the first triathlon at Meech Lake took place. There were three race directors: Mike Collingwood was responsible for the swim, Graham Burton looked after the cycle portion, and Anne Wardlaw, Fitness Director for the OAC, was the overall Race coordinator, and looked after the run section.
Mike Collingwood continued organizing the event through 2006 until his untimely passing in December 2006. In honor of Mike's dedication to this event, it's been renamed to The Mike Collingwood Memorial Triathlon, starting in 2007.
- The calm, clear water at Meech Lake.
- The challenging Gatineau Park hills on the bike course.
- A scenic run course through the National Park.
Included in your registration is:
- Bragging rights!
- A FREE virtual bike fit from MyVeloFit.
- A personalized race bib.
- A Somersault swim cap from ROCS/Zone3sports.
- Professional timing from Sportstats.
- On-course nutrition from F2C.
- Race Photography, sponsored by John Gomes Real Estate.
- Post-Race non-alcoholic beer from Libra.
- Podium Prizes for the top 3 male, female, and non-binary finishers, from Crank Coffee Co.
- Post-Race snacks.
- Memories that you won't soon forget.
Participants MUST be 16 years of age or older.
This event will sell out early, so sign up before it's too late. The event is limited to 300 participants.
Participants swim a long triangle-shaped loop, swimming counterclockwise, starting and finishing at O'Brien Beach.
Swimmers will run to the P11 parking lot (T1) on the gravel path (bring 2nd pair of shoes). Turn left out of P11 and travel east to the intersection of Meech Lake road and the Gatineau parkway. Turn right and travel up Dunlop road and stay right, going on to the Fortune Lake parkway. At the top T-junction, turn left onto the Champlain parkway and continue on until you come to the next T-Intersection. Turn left onto the Gatineau parkway and continue until you cross the Meech lake road at P8. Continue cycling along the 'north loop' staying to the right of the road, to the bike finish (T2) near P9 close to the end of the Gatineau parkway.
Run back along the 'north loop' from the exchange zone towards P8, staying to the right of the road. Continue to the 'turn-around' point which is approximately 3.2km (right at P8). Return back along the 'north loop' again, on the same side you came out on, to finish near P9.
Athletes can park at P9. From there, walk, run or bike to P11, to set up your T1. You can set up your T2 near the finish line, on your way to P11.
- Shirt Deadline - May 31st. If you're interested in ordering an event shirt for this race, be sure to register and add a shirt to your order before the Shirt Deadline. After that date, we won't be able to add shirts to our order.
- Medal Deadline - June 13th. We keep our prices low and make the finisher's medal an optional add-on. If you want to commemorate this achievement with a finisher's medal, make sure to register before June 13th and add the medal to your order. After this date, medals will be available to order subject to availability.
- Online Registration Deadline - July 9th at 6 pm. If you don't sign up by then, you can still sign up in person on race day, or at bib pick-up, subject to availability. Some of our races sell out, so make sure to sign up early!
- Friday, July 12th from 3pm to 6pm at Sports4. 769 Bank Street (Bank St & Second Ave)
- Saturday, July 12th, starting at 7am, at P9 in Gatineau Park.
Already signed up? Check out the pre-race newsletter. It has all the last-minute info that you'll need to get the most out of the event.
When & Where
Date & Time
Sat, Jul 13, 2024
O’Brien Beach, Chelsea, QC
Charity of the Event - The Heart Institute
The Meech Lake Triathlon is a fundraiser for a cause that's near and dear to us - the Heart Institute. The University of Ottawa Heart Institute has flourished into one of Canada’s most distinguished heart health centres for the unparalleled care it provides to its patients, a world-renowned research Institute that brings science from bench to bedside, and the country’s main influencer when it comes to preventing heart disease. Its promise remains the very pillar on which it was built: Always putting patients first.
Looking to enjoy the Meech Lake Triathlon from the sidelines? This spectator's guide will help you get the most out of the event.
Where & When
Sat, Jul 13, 2024
O’Brien Beach, Chelsea, QC J0X, Canada
Refunds can only be issued if you purchase cancellation insurance. Purchasing the insurance allows you to ask for a refund anytime before the start of the race, for any reason. No questions asked!