If you’re a runner looking to challenge yourself and have some fun, signing up for the Embrace Winter Run is a great way to do it! Here are five reasons why you should sign up for the first Somersault event of 2023:
- Get a boost of motivation. When the weather is cold and you’re stuck inside, signing up for a race can be a great way to stay motivated and keep your training on track. It’s a great goal to work towards and a great way to beat the winter blues.
- Stay healthy and active. Running in cold weather is a great way to keep in shape and stay active. When you’re running in the winter you’re more likely to bundle up and stay warm, which can help with staying healthy and avoiding colds.
- Test your endurance. The Embrace Winter Run has distances from 1K to 42.2K. Signing up for a longer race can be a great way to test your limits and find out how far you can push yourself.
- Enjoy the scenery. Our Embrace Winter Run gives you some of the best views of Ottawa. Starting at the War Museum, the course gives great views of Downtown Ottawa, the Ottawa River, and Quebec, which means you’ll be able to enjoy the scenery as you run. Take in the sights and appreciate the beauty of nature as you push yourself to the finish line.
- Have some fun. Signing up for a winter running race can be a great way to have some fun and meet new people. Races are a great way to connect with like-minded people who share your passion for running.
So don’t let the cold weather keep you from running. Sign up for the Embrace Winter Run today and experience the benefits for yourself!