We are pleased to announce a running program for students from 6-11 years, culminating in their participation in the Wylie Ryan Mothers Day 1Km Run on Sunday May 11th at the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum.
The Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids is a home and/or school program that can be used to meet the Kds'DPA requirements, Physical Education Outcomes, or Track and Field meet preparation needs. Or it may just provide the kids and their parents with a “kid focused” spring running experience.
The program allows kids to track their daily running distances, under parent or teacher supervision, and rewards them for completing 21Km, with a 1Km Run at the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day Run , on May 11th. Kids completing the program receive a half marathon medal, a half marathon certificate, and a chance at lots of draw prizes at the Day Before Mothers Day event.
You may decide to enter a whole class, team, or the students may enter the program on their own (with parental permission) through the online entry form.
If you are entering as a school unit, or want more information on the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids, please email Terry McKinty at email@example.com for information on how to do that.
1. Students up to 11 years of age are eligible.
2. Students may be entered by a parent/guardian, or by the school.
1. To enter the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids, students must enter and participate in the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run - Saturday May 11th , at Henry Munro Middle School. You can enter online at http://www.somersault.ca/eventaustinwylie.htm
2. During the online entry process for the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run, students can access information on the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids, and choose to enter it as well – IT’S FREE AND IT’S FUN!
3. To successfully complete the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids, students must run the official 21Km half marathon distance as outlined in 4, 5, & 6 below.
4. They must run the first 20Km, at home or school, between April 1 and May 10th.
5. They can count a maximum of 2Km of running per day, (they can count 1Km per day for 20 days, and 2Km per day for 10 days, or a combination thereof). A total of up to 20 days of running is preferred.
6. They must plot their daily distance on the downloadable Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon Kilometre Log Book, available when they enter.
7. We recommend that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org well before the race, to inform us of someone who will be completing the half marathon distance at the race, so we are able to present a printed, named certificate of completion on race day after the Day Before Mothers Day race.
8. They must bring their Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon Kilometre Log Book to the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run on May 11th , for verification.
9. They then participate in the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run to complete the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids, and qualify for the Half Marathon Awards.
- Half Marathon Finisher Medal
- Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids Finisher Certificate
- A Chance at Cool Draw Prizes
- Personal participation photo (for online viewing and possible purchase)
running tips for kids - a parent and teacher guide
Click here for 'Running Tips for Kids - a Parent and Teacher Guide'
your wylie ryan spring half marathon log book
Record the number of kilometres you run on your very own Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon Log Book. Click here to print out the Log Book, so you can keep track of how many Kilometres you run. You must bring the Log Book to the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run and have it authorized, so you can receive your Half Marathon Awards after you run the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run.
Entry into the Wylie Ryan Spring Half Marathon for Kids program is free with your entry into the Wylie Ryan Day Before Mother's Day 1Km Run on May 11th. Information on that event, and an entry form can be found at http://www.somersault.ca/eventaustinwylie.htm
special school/class entry fees
Contact email@example.com to arrange for a special discounted entry fee for school groups, teams, or schools.